Prepping your new itti bitti nappies
Ensure your nappies have been put through a wash cycle before using them on bub. Your fabrics will become more absorbent over their first few washes. You can either pre-wash your nappies once & change them more regularly until maximum absorbency (approx. 9 washes). Or you can soak your nappy soakers overnight (no more than 40 degrees), than put them through a wash cycle the next day, this way they are at their best absorbency.
Washing your itti bitti nappies
- Flush any solids down the toilet
- Give the nappy a quick rinse under the tap before than storing in a dry nappy bucket. Rinsing the nappy will dilute the urine to stop any potential acidic wee damaging the fabrics & also minimise staining & cut down on smell. We do not recommend leaving the soiled nappies for more than 2 days.
- Once you are ready to wash your itti bitti nappies, run them through a pre-rinse cycle in your washing machine (no more than 40 degrees), to get rid of any excess urine or soiling before the wash cycle.
- After pre-rinsing, nappies can be put through a normal/long wash cycle (no more than 40 degrees), with the amount of detergent recommended by the manufacturer. We recommend using enzyme free washing powder or a PH Neutral detergent
- Once your nappies are washed hang outside to dry, the sun will help bleach any stains. If you need to tumble dry we recommend only tumble drying the inserts on low as the dryer can damage your nappy shell elastics & waterproof layer over time.
Rinse nappy straight after use, before dry paling
Cold or warm machine wash only, no more than 40 degrees
Line dry or tumble dry on low
Do not use bleach or fabric softeners
We recommend using enzyme free washing powder or a PH Neutral detergent
Do not iron
Do not dry clean